Friday 20 November 2009

My Kitchen (Nobody F*** With My...)

Alright then. Ive been saying I was going to put this up/been meaning to put this up (this blog) for awhile and now the son is finally coming out. So... oh and I realize that this is probably blog 100000044954839847233 now added to the web surf but whatever. At least if you know me, and give a hoot about me or maybe you just want to see what I got cooking, you can catch all of that here.
Moving on.... I just relocated from Chicago to Atlanta (home city) and now am out here in East London, Clapton to be exact, with my love Michelle Quick who is studying the art of shoe making at a very respectable university. I dont know what Im doing exactly, just what I was doing but now surrounded by people talking like cartoons. I bet I sound like a cartoon to them too so its all cool.

So to kick it off I just wanted to put up a image of my dinky Hackney style kitchen:

Yeah. Thats all we got. But it has been pretty alright so far really. And yes, that toaster oven/electric range is what we cook/bake/toast/roast/stew/occasionally heat the place with. I have always hated electric ranges but sometimes life gives you cheap kool-aid instead of some fresh squeezed lemon-aid. As far as tools, there are limits as well. One small nonstick fry pan, a steel (copper bottom) stew pot (both from Stainsbury's on the low) and a cheap slowcooker. Really the only nice tools we have are the two german knives we brought across the Atlantic with us. But as I said, you shouldn't let all the nice things you dont have to cook with become an excuse to not make nice things you eat.
Enough said.

As well as recipes from my own self, there will be baking episodes with my beautiful partner Michelle, some market pics and local shop type posts, and Im sure there will be other things as well. I'll try to stick with the food though.

First post is a drag so... glad its done!

Luv

No comments:

Post a Comment